What is The Anglican Foundation of Canada?
We are a Foundation, chaired by the Primate of Canada, Fred Hiltz, and supported by an Executive Director, Judy Rois and a Board of Directors who raise funds and distribute bursaries, grants and loans with the objective of supporting the mission and ministry of Anglicans across the country including -
- construction, maintenance and renovation of church buildings, parish halls and rectories
- installation of accessibility ramps, lifts and elevators
- supporting music, the arts, liturgical initiatives, choir schools
- greening parish churches – audits and retrofits of church buildings
- ministry in Canada’s North
- theological education & graduate studies; inter-faith partnerships
- Bishop for Canada’s service men and women
- youth ministry of all kinds
In January, May and October, The Anglican Foundation receives applications from interested candidates and reviews them in a spirit of generosity with the goal of awarding grants, bursaries and/or loans in a fair and equitable manner, and especially where financial need is the greatest.
The Anglican Foundation welcomes donations and memberships from parishes, individuals and corporations in order to fulfil its objective of providing grants, bursaries and loans. Under the guidance of a reputable and responsible Investment Committee, the Foundation invests funds given in trust and manages them with great are and fiduciary accountability.