The Anglican Foundation of Canada
80 Hayden Street, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 3G2
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on children, youth, and young adults.
The Anglican Foundation is requesting proposals that support ministry and outreach to children, youth, and young adults through the Anglican Church of Canada. Grants will be offered for projects that contribute to the physical, intellectual, emotional, and/or spiritual well-being of children, youth, and young adults in a post-pandemic world.
Submissions will be accepted from September 1 to October 1, 2021.
UPDATE: The 2021 RFP is now closed. Decisions will be announced by the board in late November or early December 2021.
Grants for both ongoing and emerging projects will be considered. Projects that are concluded before October 1, 2021 will not be considered.
Category A Grants: Local
Up to $5,000
Category A grants will be considered based on impact and how they support children and youth in a local context. The number of these grants will depend on availability of funds flowing from the Say Yes! to Kids campaign and the number of applications received.
Category B Grants: Regional
Up to $15,000
Category B grants will be considered based on impact, project scope, and how they support the overall mission and service to children and youth in a city, diocese, or region. The number of these grants will depend on availability of funds flowing from the Say Yes! to Kids campaign and the number of applications received.
Category C Grants: Partnership
Where donations arising from a diocesan fundraising campaign or appeal in partnership with AFC exceed the maximum grant of $15,000, Category C or Partnership Grants may be available. The partnering diocese may enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Anglican Foundation such that funds raised will be used for grants in the partner diocese, to the extent that they are requested by the partner diocese. The maximum grant award may be discretionary based on the funds raised with the partner diocese. Surplus funds will be used to benefit other ministries in Canada that support children, youth, and young adults.
Applicants in this Category should complete the Submission Form as if for Category B.
Some youth-focused programs that have received funding from AFC in the past include:
- Choir schools, summer camps, homework clubs
- Food security programs
- Programs that support vulnerable or at-risk children and youth
- Enrichment programs in arts, music, athletics
- Conferences and leadership events
- Education and learning initiatives
- Youth hubs and internship programs
- Technology/equipment/facilities upgrades
- Programs that support newcomers to Canada
AFC encourages you to be creative and imagine how your parish or organization might respond to the needs of children, youth, and young adults in a post-pandemic world. Even a small program or initiative can make a difference in the life of a young person.
Eligible uses of funding include, but are not limited to, administrative expenses, equipment, technical costs, remuneration, honoraria, and food.
Proposals must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must contribute to the physical, intellectual, emotional, or spiritual well-being of children, youth, or young adults within Canada.
- Must come under the umbrella of:
- an Anglican Diocese.
- an Anglican church or parish.
- an interfaith or ecumenical group with explicit Anglican connections.
- a registered charity whose purpose aligns with the mission and mandate of the Anglican Foundation.
- Must be endorsed by a diocesan bishop in the Anglican Church of Canada.
- AFC grant may comprise up to 100% of the project budget for Category A Grants.
- AFC grant may comprise up to a maximum of 50% of the project budget for Category B Grants.
The AFC Board of Directors will review proposals in November 2021 and announce the grant recipients in early December. Proposals submitted in response to this request do not count as one of the three submissions each diocese is allowed per year.
Proposals may be submitted by email or hard copy and supplemented by multimedia if applicable.
2021 RFP Criteria & Submission Form
Hard copy submissions may be sent to
The Anglican Foundation of Canada
80 Hayden Street
Toronto, ON M4Y 3G2
Electronic submissions may be sent to [email protected] or by using the form below: