The Anglican Foundation of Canada
80 Hayden Street, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 3G2
The Anglican Foundation of Canada honours and respects Indigenous ways of being and learning and is committed to the process of healing and reconciliation. Thanks to a generous bequest, AFC will expand its funding for Indigenous-focused initiatives in communities across Canada through a Request for Proposals (RFP) that will grow the Anglican church’s capacity for Indigenous ministry and provide direct support to local communities.
The 2022 RFP will fund a wide variety of projects that contribute to the physical, intellectual, emotional, or spiritual well-being of Indigenous communities in Canada. Programs that provide healing and support, respond to emerging needs, and advance reconciliation efforts are strongly encouraged.
NOTE: Infrastructure projects are not the focus of this RFP. Applicants for Infrastructure projects are encouraged to review the regular Grant Application process at www.anglicanfoundation.org/apply. Infrastructure elements may be a component of the project plan but not the primary purpose.
Submissions will be accepted from September 1 to October 1, 2022.
Grants for both ongoing and emerging projects will be considered. Projects that are concluded before October 1, 2022 will not be considered.
Category A Grants: Local
Up to $5,000
Category A grants will be considered based on impact and how they support Indigenous communities in a local context. The number of these grants will depend on availability of funds and the number of applications received.
Category B Grants: Regional
Up to $15,000
Category B grants will be considered based on impact, project scope, and how they support the overall mission and service to Indigenous communities in a city, diocese, or region. The number of these grants will depend on the number of applications received.
Indigenous-focused programs that have received funding from AFC in the past include:
- Healing and reconciliation initiatives
- Language revitalization and translations
- Urban Indigenous ministry projects
- Bursaries and leadership development
- Cultural gatherings and traditional teaching
Eligible uses of funding include, but are not limited to, administrative expenses, travel costs, equipment, technical costs, remuneration, honoraria, and food.
Proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Must contribute to the physical, intellectual, emotional, or spiritual well-being of Indigenous communities in Canada.
- Must involve Indigenous people in project development, planning, and implementation.
- Must come under the umbrella of:
- an Anglican Diocese.
- an Anglican church or parish.
- an interfaith or ecumenical group with explicit Anglican connections.
- a registered charity whose purpose aligns with the mission and mandate of the Anglican Foundation.
- Must be endorsed by a diocesan bishop in the Anglican Church of Canada.
- AFC grant may comprise up to 100% of the project budget for Category A Grants.
- AFC grant may comprise up to a maximum of 50% of the project budget for Category B Grants.
The AFC Board of Directors will review proposals in November 2022 and announce the grant recipients in early December. Proposals submitted in response to this request do not count as one of the three submissions each diocese is allowed per year.
In order to increase ease of access to our grants, AFC is launching a grant facilitation program to provide assistance to prospective applicants as they develop their project proposals and funding applications. This will include the option of an oral submission of some of the application requirements. To schedule time with one of our Grant Facilitators, please contact: [email protected].
Proposals may be submitted by email or hard copy and supplemented by multimedia if applicable.
For applicants working with Grant Facilitators, the Facilitator will work with the applicant to determine the best method of submitting the application.
2022 RFP Criteria & Submission Form
Hard copy submissions may be sent to
The Anglican Foundation of Canada
80 Hayden Street
Toronto, ON M4Y 3G2
Electronic submissions may be sent to [email protected] or by using the form below: